Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Healthy Kid Protocol

The Healthy Kid Protocol


Healthy kids! I know for so many of us we have a protocol for our littles when they are down for the count...but what is your wellness routine? I want to focus on keep and supporting our children's health in this blog post.  Here are my tips and a few I picked up from some close friends on supporting our children's wellness:

Essential Oils (Obviously):

Don't only oil your littles to get them out of a slump, instead oil on the regular. I use a wellness blend on my kids feet in the morning, chest rub before bed, bath salts, and diffuser blend daily here are my recipes:

Chest Rub:  

  • 1/4 Shea butter
  • 1/4 coconut oil 
  • 5 Drops Frankincense
  • 5 Drops Rosemary
  • 3 Drops Lavender  

Wellness Blend:

  • 15ml empty bottle
  • 10 Drops Thieves 
  • Grape seed oil

Bath Salts:

  • 1/2 cup Epsom salts
  • 5 Drops Melrose
  • 5 Drops Tea Tree

Diffuser Blend:

  • 5 Drops Cedarwood
  • 5 Drops Lavender 

Supplements:

I love using supplements and so do my kids. Here is my list, and yes there are many companies that sell children's supplements, keep in mind high quality and always read the labels. I use Young Living for most of my children's supplements, here is my list:  

Nutrition:

We all know that kids can be so picky about what they eat and getting them to eat the good stuff can be tough.  Here are two ways to get your kids to eat healthier, that have worked for my littles:

Juicing:

  • 2 Carrots,1  apples, hand full spinach 
  • 1 Orange, 2 celery stalks, 1 apple
  • 4 Pineapple rings, 2 carrots, 1 apples

Smoothies:

Get a good quality protein powder or meal replacement with your favorite add-ins:
  • Nut Butter
  • Yogurt
  • Spinach
  • Flax meal
  • Mineral Essence 
  • Honey
  • Avocado 
  • Kefir
  • Coconut Water
There is so much on the topic of kids health...this is a short list and a good place to start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment