Friday, July 1, 2016

Post Convention Blog!

We are fresh with the excitement of spending the last week at the 2016 Young Living Convention and we wanted to share some of our experiences with you. Convention truly isn't just for business minded oil users, its also for those who want to educate themselves about their oil use as well. There is so much to do at convention-- you get to attend the general session each day where they announce the newest products and changes to Young Living, you get to go to the Expo and try all the new products, smell EVERY oil that Young Living carries, you get the chance to hear incredibly inspiring and passionate people speak, and mostly you get to have a TON of fun and connect with friends from all over the world.


I asked my sister to think up some questions she had about our convention experience, and below both Christina Valenzuela and I will answer them. I hope you can join us at convention next year! 

1. Were you oily star struck?

 Christina V: Yes...but my sweet friend told me to hold it together...but we saw EVERYONE..and it was very cool.

Christina H: Not really. I saw a TON of people that are “oily celebrities”, but I’m not really the personality to go up to those I don’t know. I did get a little excited to meet Susan Heid though. She’s rad.

2. How much should I save to go to convention next year? How much did you spend?

Christina V:  I would save 100 a month (Tip: Just save some of your YL check) and that will be more than enough.  I was lucky to have gone with someone who made me lunch and snacks everyday.  We also had a great free breakfast included at our hotel.  Depending on what you can swing, this trip can be done on a budget for sure.  Don’t let the money be the reason you go or don’t go...this is a life changing and inspiring event, worth every sacrifice to make it happen!


Christina H: I would say to save at least $1000-$1200. However, this can be done on the super cheap. Sharing a room with more than one person can cut the cost dramatically. We spent just over $800 on our room, but only split it two ways. Buying some wine and food to have in your room is also a huge money saver. We didn’t waste time standing in line and didn’t spend $10 on each meal. I did splurge a little however, we went out for a few meals and a few drinks, just not all of them. I got a raindrop massage at the YL Spa and that cost my $100. I also spent around $200 on materials from vendors-- shirts, bottles, books, things like that. If you are able to book your travel early as well as buy your convention ticket during early bird pricing that will help as well.

3. What did you learn at convention that you didn’t already know?


Christina V: That positive thoughts versus negative thoughts have a huge impact on your life and success potential. I may not seem negative to those who “know” me but I have a hard time being content with where I am at in this business and really beat myself up.  I learned to focus on positive thoughts and really following through. Loved that Young Living is such a giving company, I didn’t know how giving until convention.  They are involved in so many countries and help so many people, it was so inspiring.  Young Living also pays all the expenses for their Foundation, and our donations go directly to the people they are helping, very cool!


Christina H: Young Living just keeps blowing me away. Each year they strive to be the best and no other EO company can touch them. Last year we struggled with the FDA crackdown, and they just took what was a negative and turned it into a huge success for the company and all of us. We are now the only company that has FDA approved over the counter medicines.


4. How much Ningxia Red did you drink? 


Christina V: More than I thought I could.  Christina H. is a Ningxia beast and could have had more, but I think I held her back a few times.  I love black pepper and Frankincense in my ningxia shot, and the ningxia slushies are a revelation.
Christina H: A ridiculous amount. Ridiculous. At the expo they have “Club Red” where you can buy shots of Ningxia with as many oils as your heart desires for $2!!! You can also get Ningxia slushies, and other YL snacks. It’s amazing and really addicting.

5. Do you have any convention do’s and dont’s?


Christina V: Do leave enough room for items you want to buy, I got a Dewdrop diffuser for hecka cheap and that took up some room. Do bring clothes that are both comfortable, and good for hot weather.  Don’t miss out on next year’s convention.  Don’t hesitate to get into the classes you wanted but didn’t get to sign up for in time (they will let you in).
Christina H: Do stay at the Hampton Inn. We got a hot breakfast everyday (another money saver!), and a coffee bar 24 hours a day. Christina V. really enjoyed drinking hot cocoa at all hours of the day. It was only about a 10 minute walk from the convention center. Don’t get stressed out about not getting the perfect seat or being able to book all the right sessions. Young Living is really good about making things right and honestly, you won’t be disappointed. I promise.

6. What were some of the oils you smelled that are on your must have list now?


Christina V: Hmmm I pretty much smelled them all (and saved the test strips lol) I loved these blends: Build Your Dream, Hope and Present Time.  The single oils I have to have are Lemon Myrtle, Mastrante, and Palo Santo.
Christina H: This is a hard one, because I want ALL THE OILS! But, it was the emotional oils I was drawn to like Harmony and Magnify Your Purpose that I really loved.

7. What was your biggest take away?


Christina V: To never give up. This has been the most personal growth year of my life, and I feel stretched after going to convention.  Everyone from every age group and walk of life was represented at convention in all types of ranks, it was very encouraging. I am proud to be a part of a company that loves people and has an honest goal of helping others.


Christina H: To work my strengths, not just in my business, but in life. I think as moms and business owners we try to do everything ourselves, but it's ok to let others take care of things for you or ask for help. That’s why The Crossline Christinas is so great. We are able to contribute and help each other and play off each other's strengths.

One last thing--- The Farm! You get to visit the Mona Lavender Farm and it is a life changing experience to walk in the fields, witness the distillation and bottling, and just experience the beauty of it all. Young Living lays out the red carpet for everyone who visits and it was a highlight of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment