Thursday, September 3, 2015

Make and Take Ideas That Everyone Will Love!

We've all been to an Intro To Essential Oils Class and the many variations of classes out there, but my personal favorite to host is a "Make and Take" class. I love this one because for me it is way less formal and more about getting together to do something fun. What is a Make and Take? It is when you show people how to make oil infused products and your guests get to take them home with them. You provide everything needed and you charge a price per item or a flat rate to attend.

I like to invite my friends that are already using essential oils because I think it is a great opportunity to show them the many things they can do with their oils at home. I personally only like to make one or two items per class because it keeps the cost down and I prefer to spend the rest of the time talking about the benefits of Essential Rewards, showing members how to log onto the Virtual Office, or just answering questions and visiting with my guests.

There are so many options when thinking about what to make. Tonight I am going to tell you about the Make and Take classes I have hosted thus far and everything you will need to host a similar class.

At the beginning of the summer I hosted a Bug Spray and Spider Spray Class. What you will need to have on hand:

Bug Spray:
Spider Spray: 


  • I use Avery Labels to make my own super cute labels whenever I make something. I think it adds a nice final touch. You can design them easily on the Avery website, its very user friendly.
  • It's always a nice to have some light snacks and refreshments for your guests and always have all your oil resource books out for people to thumb through. 

The next class I hosted was a Thieves Multi Purpose Cleaner Class. People LOVED this class and it was by far the easiest to execute. Here is what you need to have on hand:

Thieves Multi Purpose Spray:


Finally, most recently we made Essential Oil Infused Olive Oil. People are always wanting to know how they can use their oils for cooking and adding them to olive oil is a great way to disperse the oils evenly so you don't end up with way too much in your food. Here is what you need to have on hand:

Infused Olive Oil: 
  • I lucked out and found really cute bottles at the Dollar Tree, but if you can't find them you can always repurpose old wine bottles or Ningxia Red bottles. Use your imagination. 
  • Our bottle only held about 1 cup of Olive oil. You can probably purchase some cheaply at Costco or Trader Joes 
  • Essential Oils that may be tasty in Olive Oil that I had out for my guests to choose from were: Lemon, Oregano, Basil, and the blend Taste of Italy--- All Young Living Essential Oils. We added 3 drops total to each bottle of Olive Oil made. 



So, as you can see there are all sorts of class ideas, its really limitless. I will make sure I post some follow up blogs about some of the Make and Take classes in the works. Stay tuned! But in the mean time, here are a few other ideas:

Bath Salts
Body Butter
Eye Cream
Mixed Drinks
Appetizers and Desserts
Room Freshener Spray
Carpet Powder



No comments:

Post a Comment